This is the best apple pie recipe which is a true piece of heaven. Think of a golden, flaky crust encasing a rich, apple-cinnamon-infused filling. As it bakes, the aroma of fragrant spices fills the air, tempting your senses & promising a delicious surprise. Every bite will be perfectly balanced between sweetness and acidity because of our meticulous selection of the best apples. The carefully crafted, buttery crust is a work of art that crumbles perfectly with each forkful.
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 60 min
Total Time: 1 hour 30 min
Apple Pie Ingredients:
Unsalted butter, ½ cup
Granny smith apples, 8
White sugar, ½ cup
Thawed double crust pie pastry, 9 inch
Brown sugar, ½ cup
All-purpose flour, 3 tbsp
Water, ¼ cup
- Slice apples thinly after peeled and cored. Place aside.
- Set the oven’s temperature to 425 °F (220 °C).
- In a sauce pan on medium heat, melt the butter. Add the flour then whisk to make a paste. Cook for about two mins, till it’s aromatic. Bring the water & sugars together before boiling. Simmer for three to five mins on low heat. Take it off the heat.
- In a 9-inch pie pan, press one pastry onto the bottom along the edges. The remaining dough should be rolled out so that it will hang over the pie with about a half-inch. Make eight 1-inch strips out of the pastry.
- Make a small mound of sliced apples in the bottom crust. Using longer strips in the center and shorter strips at the outside, arrange four pastry strips vertically & uniformly spaced over apples.
- Fold the first & third layers all the way back till they are almost falling off the pie to create a lattice crust. Fold the first & third strips back into their initial positions, then place one of the remaining strips perpendicularly onto the second & fourth strips.
- Second & fourth vertical strips should be folded back. One of the three remaining strips should be placed on top, perpendicularly. The second & fourth strips should be repositioned after being unfolded.
- To incorporate the remaining two pastry strips, repeat Steps six and seven. When necessary, fold the excess dough at the edges, trim it, and pinch it shut.
- Pour the sugar-butter mixture over the lattice crust carefully and slowly, making sure to let it seep over the apple slices. Make sure not to let any of it run off the sides when you brush some onto the lattice.
- Bake for fifteen mins in the preheated oven. Bake the apples for forty-five mins at 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C till they are tender. Here you are done with the amazing apple pie recipe.
Keep the batter cold: A flaky crust requires chilly hands and chilled ingredients. Before rolling out the dough, place it in the refrigerator for at least thirty mins. Make sure your butter & water are both cool.
Spice up the filling: Add cinnamon, nutmeg, & a dash of cloves to the apple filling to make it more flavorful. Lemon juice will make the flavors more vibrant and stop browning
Calories: 373 Kcal, Carbs: 52g, Protein: 2g, Fats: 19g
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What makes the best apple pie?
For no apparent reason, Granny Smith apples have been the standard for apple pies for a long time. This is perhaps because they are very hard and do not mush when cooked for a long time.
Q: How to re-bake apple pie?
Sliced or whole, place the pie on a baking pan lined with parchment, and bake for about fifteen mins at 350 degrees. Check the crust carefully to see if it has been warmed and toasted to your preference; if not, heat for an additional five to ten mins.