If there’s one thing that can instantly transport you to a cozy kitchen filled with the sweet aroma of freshly baked goods, it’s a moist banana bread recipe. Bursting with ripe bananas, aromatic spices, and a tender crumb, this classic treat has been a beloved staple in homes for generations. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or just starting your culinary adventures, join us as we unravel the secrets to creating the perfect loaf of banana bread that will leave your taste buds dancing with delight. Get ready to dive into our delicious banana bread recipe and unlock the magic of this timeless comfort food.
Join us on a culinary adventure as we guide you through each step to create a delightful treat that will leave you craving more.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Servings: 8-10 persons
Banana Bread Ingredients:
¾ cup granulated sugar
A pinch of salt
¾ cup walnuts
3 very ripe bananas (medium/large)
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup unsalted butter, (room temperature)
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
½ cup raisins
1 tsp baking soda
- The oven should be preheated to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In the meantime, grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan very lightly.
- Mix the flour, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Then, in another large mixing bowl, combine butter and brown sugar and blend with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs and mashed bananas; mix thoroughly.
- Now, combine the flour mixture with the banana mixture.
- Fill the prepared loaf pan with the batter.
- Bake in the oven for about 60 minutes or you can try inserting a toothpick in the loaf. When the toothpick comes out clean that means the banana bread is done. Keep the bread in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Finally, place the bread on a wire rack to cook it completely and enjoy.
- You can easily mash the bananas using a fork.
- Do not choose green bananas for this recipe. Go for the ripe bananas with yellow peal.
- If you don’t like walnuts, you can skip that. It won’t affect the deliciousness of this recipe.
- You must cover the bread so that it can lock the moisture in it.
Calories: 230 kcal, Carbs: 36g, Protein: 4.2g, Fats: 9g
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How to store banana bread?
First, cool the banana bread after baking. Take an airtight container or a zip-lock bag and place a paper towel at the bottom. Then, cover the bread loaf with another paper towel and seal the container or the bag tightly.
Q: How long banana bread can last?
Banana bread can last almost three or four days if kept at room temperature. In a freezer, it can last for around two to three months.
Q: What makes banana bread dry?
The moisture of the banana bread depends upon the quantity of flour you are adding. Due to excess amount of flour your banana bread could have a dry texture. Same as, if you add a very less quantity of flour, your bread with be wet and won’t raise properly. So, the secret is the exact measurement of flour.