You are going to enjoy the most delicious breakfast burrito to get your day started.
Imagine a warm, soft tortilla encasing a variety of fluffy, perfectly cooked scrambled eggs. The eggs combine with a sizable amount of sizzling sausage or bacon when you take a bite, creating a smoky, savory component that improves the entire dish.
But we go further than that. Every ingredient is given a delightful richness by adding a bit of melty, gooey cheese. You won’t be able to stay away from the wonderful richness that is created as the cheese melts into the eggs and beef.
Prep Time: 35 min
Cook Time: 00 min
Total Time: 35 mins
Breakfast Burrito Ingredients:
- 4 cups shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 pack tortillas
- 2 cups shredded mexican cheese
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 can chopped green chillies
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 cooked breakfast sausage
- 8 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Hash brown potatoes from frozen can be added in a uniform layer. Keep still when cooking potatoes for seven mins. Add the final one tbsp of oil and turn. Cook for a further six to eight mins, till hot and browned on both sides. To keep warm, transfer to a medium bowl and cover with foil. Clean the skillet.
- Mix eggs, green chiles, salt, & pepper until thoroughly combined in a large bowl. Cook sausage for two to three mins, tossing regularly, in the same skillet at medium-high heat, till browned. Add the egg mixture and scramble it for two to three minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To build the burritos, pour a line of hash browns down the center of each tortilla. Add cheese and the egg mixture on top.
- To keep the contents in place, carefully roll each tortilla.
- Serve immediately.
To melt the cheese and make sure the breakfast burritos are warm all the way through, you can, if you choose, put the constructed burrito in a skillet or microwave for a few seconds.
Serving and decorating: Drizzle salsa on top or serve it as a side dish with the morning burrito. For more flavor and freshness, you may also add extra toppings like chopped avocado, sour cream, or chopped cilantro.
Customization: Feel free to make any necessary changes to the recipe to suit your tastes. To customize it, try using other tortilla varieties, changing the protein (bacon, sausage or even ham), & experimenting with different cheeses and other additions on breakfast burrito.
Calories: 450 Kcal, Carbs: 30g, Protein: 18g, Fats: 29g
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Are burritos unhealthy?
Breakfast Burritos are loaded with fat, particularly saturated fat. It is never a good idea to consume too many burritos for your health. In addition to other health issues, it may result in an early heart attack. If you’re wondering if eating burritos would help you lose weight, the answer is no.
Q: What makes a good burrito?
While some insist that the flavors and textures of a fantastic breakfast burrito should be clearly separated, others vouch for the use of fresh ingredients. While others prefer their burritos to have no rice at all, many believe that a superb burrito is one that has been grilled so that it is crispy on the outside.