Brown Sugar Boba tastes like a flavor symphony. The drink is infused with a deep, decadent sweetness that is well balanced by the rich and silky caramelized brown sugar. The sweetness swirls on your palate as you take your first sip, providing a beautiful blend of sweetness & richness.
But it’s not simply the taste that sets this drink apart. Brown Sugar Boba has a wonderful texture. Boba, or chewy tapioca pearls, provide a delicious and fun aspect to each drink. They provide a contrasting texture that enriches the whole experience with their little resistance and pleasant bounce.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Brown Sugar Boba Ingredients:
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 160g tapioca starch
- 2 red tea bags
- 60g brown sugar
- ½ cup of milk
- 80 ml water
- In a bowl, combine 3 tbsp Tapioca Flour, 80 mL water, & 60g brown sugar. Before taking it to the heat, make sure everything is properly blended.
- Increase the heat to medium to high & continue to stir till the mixture becomes thick and sticky. Turn off the heat and stir in the remaining tapioca starch. Pour on a clean surface after the mixture has partially cooled.
- When it is safe to knead (warm), knead till it is smooth and free of lumps. This procedure takes approximately 5 minutes. If it’s too sticky, add a little more Tapioca Starch, but keep kneading.
- Cut each piece into four pieces. Each piece should be rolled out and cut into small pieces. The size is determined by how large you want your pearls to be. When you cook the pearls, they do expand slightly.
- Make a ball out of the pieces and coat with tapioca starch. At this point, the tapioca balls can be frozen for up to a month.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil, then add the tapioca starch once everything is simmering. Cook for 25 minutes over medium heat. Stir it sometimes so it doesn’t stick to the bottom. After twenty-five mins, cover with a lid, turn off the heat, and set aside for another fifteen mins.
- Allow the boba to lie in cold water till ready to use.
- To prepare the thick brown sugar glaze, combine all of the ingredients. Add 1/2 cup brown sugar to a pot and heat over medium heat. Heat the brown sugar for 2-3 minutes, or until it is slightly melted. Mix in the drained boba for another two or three mins, till it reaches a thick consistency.
- Steep 1/4 cup tea with two tea bags. In a cup, combine the brown sugar boba and swirl it around the cup to create a tiger design. Pour in the steeped tea, ice, & milk. Enjoy!
Begin with high-quality ingredients such as fresh boba pearls, high-quality brown sugar, plus your favorite milk. Using fresh ingredients will enhance the overall flavor and texture of the drink.
Cook the boba pearls according to the package directions. Cook them till they are chewy and soft in the center but still have a slight resistance. Overcooking can result in pearls that are too soft or mushy, while undercooking might leave them excessively rigid and unappealing.
Take your time caramelizing the brown sugar boba. This technique adds depth and richness to the drink’s flavor character. To prevent burning the sugar, be patient & stir regularly. The correct level of caramelization will impart a rich caramel flavor to the syrup.
Calories: 345 Kcal, Carbs:15 g, Protein:15 g, Fats:20 g
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What does brown sugar boba taste good in?
Aside from preparing milk tea, you can also add this to cake, vanilla ice cream, or any other dessert to add an element of sweet caramel-flavored boba to elevate it.
Q: What is boba made of brown sugar?
“Regular” or transparent boba pearls are created from tapioca starch, which is derived from the cassava root, and have a mild flavour. Brown sugar boba pearls are created from tapioca & brown sugar, giving them a black colour and a sweeter flavour.