Utilize our simple recipe to enjoy the flavor of perfectly cooked rice. Perfectly soft, fluffy, and flavorful, every grain of rice. Our cooked rice will enhance every bite with its seductive texture and delicate nutty flavor, whether it serves as a side dish or the centerpiece of your meal.
Our recipe’s key ingredient is a tried-and-true technique that ensures reproducible outcomes each and every time. You may make rice that is perfectly cooked, neither underdone nor overdone, by using the proper amount of water and cooking time. The days of mushy or sticky rice are behind, and now you may enjoy a mouthwatering dish of neatly spaced grains.
Prep Time: 05 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 25 min
Cooked Rice Ingredients:
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Water, as needed
- Water should be several inches deep and cover the rice completely. If using, add a minimum of 1 tsp of salt per cup of rice. Ensure that the water and rice are combined by stirring a few times.
- Once the water has reached a rolling boil, turn down the heat so that it stays at a soft, bubbling simmer.
- White rice takes between ten and fifteen mins to prepare. Brown rice takes between twenty and thirty mins to cook. When you remember, stir the rice a couple times while it’s cooking. As the cooking process nears completion, taste it to determine when it is finished. It is done when it is soft, no longer crunchy, but just the right amount of too stiff for your tastes.
- Set the strainer over the sink or a wide basin and strain out the rice & cooking liquid. (The cooking liquid can be retained and used for future cooking tasks.)
- To completely drain the rice, shake the sieve a few times.
- Return the rice to the saucepan and cover with the lid right away after straining, while it’s still steaming hot. Allow to stand for ten to fifteen mins without heat. The rice will finish cooking and achieve the ideal texture thanks to the steam retained in the pan from heated rice.
- With a fork, fluff the rice before serving.
For optimum results, select long-grain rice of superior quality. Try to find Carolina, Jasmine, or Basmati varieties. These kinds of rice complement a variety of recipes because of their delicate flavor and fluffy texture.
Rinse the rice in cold water before cooking to get rid of extra starch. This process keeps the grains from clumping and guarantees even cooking.
Calories: 160 Kcal, Carbs: 8g, Protein: 1g, Fats: 14g
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How do you cook already cooked rice?
Using a rice cooker, microwave, stovetop or oven to repurpose leftover rice is simple. Simply add a Tbsp of water per cup of rice, cook for two mins in the microwave, three to four minutes over low heat, fifteen to twenty mins in the oven, or for one hour in the rice cooker.
Q: Is it safe to reheat rice?
Rice should only be heated up after having been carefully refrigerated then kept in the refrigerator. Rice shouldn’t be reheated more than once. Verify that the rice and any dishes that contain it are thoroughly hot (steaming), with no cold patches.