Cottage Cheese Pancakes Recipe are a lovely take on classic pancakes, with a distinct flavor and texture. These fluffy, moist pancakes are packed with protein-rich cottage cheese, making them a filling and nutritious breakfast or brunch alternative.
Cottage Cheese Pancakes Recipe:
Cottage cheese pancake recipe is mildly acidic in flavor with a little bit of sweetness from any additional sugar or flavorings. The cottage cheese itself adds a creamy and somewhat salty accent to the pancakes’ overall flavor profile. To improve the flavor, add vanilla bean extract, cinnamon, or a pinch of lemon zest to the batter.
The texture of cottage cheese pancakes recipe is what genuinely distinguishes them. The cottage cheese pancake recipe gives the batter a lumpy and textured texture, with little curds dispersed throughout the pancakes. These curds give a delicious and distinct mouthfeel that contrasts nicely with the fluffy and soft pancake base.
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- Combine all of the ingredients: cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, eggs, baking powder, and flour. Every time you add an item, mix it in.
- Preheat a skillet at medium heat with canola oil. Fry the cottage cheese pancakes till golden brown on all sides.
- While the cheese inside is still melted, serve over maple syrup or jam.
- The batter consistency may need to be adjusted depending on the moisture content of your cottage cheese. If the batter appears excessively thick, thin it with a small bit of milk. If the batter appears too runny, add a little more flour to get the correct consistency.
- Because of the curds in the batter, cottage cheese pancakes may appear slightly more delicate than typical pancakes. To avoid sticking, use a nonstick pan or griddle that has been lightly oiled with cooking spray or a little quantity of oil or butter.
- Allow around ten to fifteen mins for the pancake batter to rest before frying. This resting period allows the ingredients to thoroughly combine, resulting in lighter & fluffier pancakes.
Calories: 214 Kcal, Carbs: 18g, Protein: 10g, Fats: 11g
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Where can I use cottage cheese?
Try it in pancakes, dips, pasta, and other dishes. Cottage cheese is a nutritional powerhouse: it’s high in protein while being low in calories. It’s also an incredibly adaptable element in the kitchen, believe it or not! It may be used in baked products, dips, pasta, and even pancakes!
Q: What’s the key to making fluffy pancakes?
Sift the dry ingredients, employ buttermilk or yogurt instead of milk, split the eggs then beat the whites till firm, use a prepared griddle or frying pan, and rest your batter for fifteen mins.