Enjoy the delicious flavor of our recipe for fried egg, which will make your breakfast experience even better. This dish is a go-to for an easy and delectable breakfast since it combines simplicity and flavor so well.
The adaptability of a fried egg is what makes it so attractive. Serve it plain, seasoning it only with salt and pepper to bring out the flavors of the food. For a heartier and more delicious breakfast, combine it with crispy bacon, buttered bread, or creamy avocado. A richness that enhances a variety of ingredients is added to each bite by the runny yolk, which also serves as a delicious sauce.
Prep Time: 01 min
Cook Time: 05 min
Total Time: 05 mins
Fried Egg Ingredients:
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Fried Egg Instructions:
- Get a skillet, preferably one made of cast iron.
- In a bowl or ramekin, crack an egg, and set it close to the stove. When a drop of water touches the skillet, it should sizzle quickly, therefore your skillet should be heated to that temperature.
- Add the olive oil into the pan and lower the heat on medium. Gently rotate the pan so that the olive oil coats the bottom. Olive oil should shimmer on the pan when it is sufficiently warm.
- Be careful of hot oil splatters when you carefully drop the egg into the skillet.
- If you prefer runny yolks, cook the egg for two mins; if you prefer medium yolks, cook it for two mins to three mins, carefully rotating the pan to distribute the oil occasionally.
- Place the cooked egg or eggs on a plate. More eggs can be cooked in the same skillet by adding another drop of olive oil and keeping the heat at medium.
Heat the skillet properly: Before adding butter or oil, properly preheat the skillet on medium heat. This makes it possible for the egg to cook without burning.
Pick cooking fat wisely: Due to their flavorful richness, butter & olive oil are excellent choices for frying eggs. To introduce minor taste changes, experiment with various fats.
Gently crack the egg: To prevent eggshells from landing in the pan, crack the egg into another bowl or immediately into the skillet. In doing so, you can check the egg’s freshness before putting it in the skillet.
Calories: 90 Kcal, Carbs: 1g, Protein: 7g, Fats: 4g
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What are crispy fried eggs?
To fry the tops of the egg whites, heat up a pan of oil to a high temperature, crack an egg into it, and then spoon oil over the egg. Because you have control over the oil, doing this will produce your eggs crisp edges, cratered whites, & runny yolks, according to Serious Eats.
Q: Are fried eggs healthy?
Fried eggs, like eggs prepared in other ways, are nutrient-rich and can support a healthy diet when consumed as part of a nutritious meal.