This chicken fried rice recipe is a tasty and filling meal that will take your taste senses on a gastronomic adventure. We begin with succulent chicken pieces that have been expertly seasoned and fried. Our fluffy rice is the star of the show, stir-fried to golden perfection and soaking up all the amazing flavors.
However, we don’t end there! In order to create a symphony of textures and flavors, we add a lively assortment of colorful vegetables, including crunchy carrots, crisp peas, & fragrant onions. These ingredients combined with soy sauce and aromatic spices provide a flavorful fusion that will have you demanding more.
Prep Time:25 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 35 min
Fried Rice Ingredients:
For the chicken & marinade:
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 8 oz chicken breast
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp oil
You will also need:
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- ⅛ tsp white pepper
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 chopped scallion
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 5 cups cooked rice
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp shaoxing wine
- 1 diced onion
Fried Rice Instructions:
- Chicken and the marinade ingredients should be combined. Pour the boiling water, sugar, light and dark soy sauces, salt, & white pepper into a bowl. Place aside.
- Utilizing a fork or your hands, fluff the cooked rice. If you’ve got cold leftover rice, make an effort to separate the clumps as much as you can.
- Add a tbsp of oil to the wok as it is heating up over a medium-high flame. Scramble the eggs till almost done. Immediately transfer from the wok and set aside.
- Spread another tbsp of oil all over your wok after heating it just until it begins to smoke. For 20 seconds, pan-sear the marinated chicken in a single layer. Cook the chicken in a stir-fry till about 80% done. Remove and reserve the chicken.
- Add the final tbsp of oil to the wok, and cook the onions till they are transparent on medium heat. Use your metal spatula to spread out and separate any noticeable clumps of rice after adding it. Continue stir-frying the rice if it is cold from the refrigerator for another five min or till it warms up. Large clumps of rice can be broken up more readily by lightly misting them with water. Rice that was freshly cooked will cook more quickly. Just watch out that the rice doesn’t seem too wet, as that will make it challenging to fry.
- When the rice is warm , add the sauce mix then stir with a scooping motion till the rice is thoroughly coated. Use the spatula to separate any rice clumps that are still present. By now, the rice ought to be warm. Add the cooked chicken at this point, along with any bowl juices. Stir-fry for one min.
- Stir-fry the rice for an additional thirty seconds after adding the eggs, bean sprouts, & scallions. Once the sides inside of the wok have heated up, place all of the rice in the middle of the wok.
- Spread your Shaoxing wine around the edge of your wok then stir-fry for an additional twenty seconds.
- Serve hot.
Garnish the fried rice recipe with freshly cut cilantro or green onions right before serving. This gives the dish a splash of color in addition to a fresh and fragrant flavor. If you like fried rice than you need to study Jollof Rice.
Calories: 327 Kcal, Carbs: 41g, Protein: 15g, Fats: 11g
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What gives Chinese fried rice its Flavour?
Fried rice tastes best when it is seasoned with a few different ingredients. Soy sauce, oyster sauce, & fish sauce are the most crucial sauces to include in fried rice.
Q: Is fried rice healthy?
Fried rice can be a particularly unhealthy dish since it has too little protein and is high in fat and carbohydrates from the rice and the extensive use of oil.