Enjoy the tantalizing flavors and alluring textures of this traditional goulash recipe. Goulash is a culinary marvel that entices the senses with its powerful and savory overtones.
As tender slices of beef or pig are gently cooked to perfection, the result is melt-in-your-mouth tenderness, so be ready for a symphony of flavor. Every bite is a flavor explosion thanks to the variety of aromatic spices that have been incorporated into the meat, including marjoram, caraway seeds, & paprika. A distinct flavor that stays on the palate is produced by the paprika’s mild warmth and smokiness.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 45 mins
Goulash Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ¼ cup low sodium beef broth
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 15oz. Tomato sauce
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 15 oz. diced tomatoes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Kosher salt
Goulash Recipe Instructions:
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add the onion and simmer for five mins till it’s tender. Add the garlic and simmer for another minute or so, till fragrant.
- Add the ground meat and simmer for six mins till it’s no longer pink. Remove fat from the pan and add it back. Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Pour the broth, tomato sauce, & diced tomatoes on top of the tomato paste after stirring to combine the ingredients. Add paprika and Italian spice, then toss in the pasta. Stirring occasionally, bring to a simmer, and cook for about fifteen mins, till the pasta is cooked.
- Add the cheese, then turn off the heat.
- Add parsley as a garnish before serving.
Choose harder beef or pork pieces like chuck roast or a shoulder because they cook more slowly and become delicious and tender. To make a dish that is leaner, trim out extra fat before cooking.
To create a thick, caramelized crust before braising, sear meat in batches over high heat. This process gives the goulash more depth and improves its overall flavor character.
Although paprika is the main flavor in goulash recipe, you should feel free to experiment with different spices to your liking. For a hint of spice, add a sprinkle of cayenne, or stir in a few caraway seeds for an earthy, aromatic accent.
Read More: Steak Recipe
Calories: 400 Kcal, Carbs: 23g, Protein: 30g, Fats: 25g
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What does goulash taste like?
Beef stew and Hungarian goulash recipe are quite similar, however there are minor variances. Goulash employs spices like caraway, cumin, paprika, plus peppers that truly improve and vary the flavor from a traditional beef stew. In contrast to a standard stew, which consists of slowly braising portions of meat with vegetables such as root vegetables in a prepared broth, goulash uses meat and veggies.
Q: What is traditional goulash made of?
A typical filling for a Hungarian goulash recipe is tender meat and onions flavored with paprika. Other vegetables such potatoes, onions, carrots, celery, peppers, & tomatoes are frequently added in many variants.