This green bean casserole will definitely complete your Thanksgiving meal, and this recipe just requires four pantry or refrigerator ingredients. The finest green bean casserole you’ll ever cook is made with tender green beans and crisp onions in a creamy, cheesy sauce. Prepare to indulge your taste buds and enchant your guests as we delve into the world of green bean casserole perfection. Let’s dive in and discover how this humble dish continues to captivate hearts and palates with its timeless allure.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 25-30 minutes
Green Bean Casserole Ingredients:
– 2 cans cut green beans, drained (14.5 ounces)
– 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
– 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup ((10 ounces)
– 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
– 3/4 cup milk
– 1 1/3 cups French-fried onions
Green Bean Casserole Instructions:
- Set and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a baking dish, mix the cream of mushroom soup, milk, and black pepper.
- Stir in the green beans, ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese, and 2/3 cup of the French-fried onions.
- Then, bake for about 25 minutes or until the casserole is bubbling.
- Stir the mixture, then sprinkle the remaining onions and cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for about 7-10 more minutes or until the cheese melts and onion is golden.
Calories: 320, Protein: 7g, Crabs: 21g, Fats: 22g
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How to Store Green Bean Casserole?
Storing this delicious green bean casserole properly is essential to maintain its freshness and flavor.
-First, allow the casserole to cool at room temperature.
-Transfer to an airtight container.
-If you plan to consume the casserole within the next 2 to 3 days, store it in the refrigerator. Ensure that the container is tightly sealed to prevent any odors from permeating the casserole.
-If you want to store the casserole for a longer period, freezing is the way to go. Wrap the airtight container with an additional layer of aluminum foil or place it inside a freezer-safe bag. This helps protect the casserole from freezer burn and preserves its quality.
Q: Can You Make Green Bean Casserole Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can definitely make green bean casserole ahead of time to ease your preparation on busy days or for special occasions.
It can be prepared up to three days in advance. While following the recipe, cook it without the French-fried onions. Until you’re ready to eat, let it cool, cover it firmly with foil, and store it in the refrigerator.
Reheating instructions: Take the casserole out of the fridge and give it about 30 minutes to return to room temperature. French fried onions should be sprinkled on top, and the casserole should be baked all the way through in an oven that has been set to 350 degrees F.