Prepare to embark on a tantalizing trip with our Korean Fried Chicken recipe. This dish is renowned for its tempting blend of crispy, golden-brown exterior and delicate, juicy meat. All of these ingredients are glazed with a delicious sauce that offers the ideal harmony of sweet, savory, and spicy flavors.
We begin by covering the chicken in a seasoned flour mix that contains cornflour, which produces an incredibly crunchy texture when fried, to achieve that recognisable crunch. After that, the chicken pieces are expertly deep-fried until they are delightfully brown and crunchy.
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 1 hour 35 min
Total Time: 1 hour 35 mins
Korean Fried Chicken Ingredients:
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 2 lb. chicken wing
- 1 tsp salt
- Vegetable oil
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 ts[ rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- ¼ cup korean chili paste
- 2 tbsp honey
- Sliced green onion
- Sesame seeds
Korean Fried Chicken Instructions:
- Mix the all-purpose flour, corn flour, salt, & black pepper in a bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- With paper towels, pat dry the drumsticks or chicken wings. To get a uniform coating, dip every single piece of chicken in the flour mixture. Place on a plate and set away.
- For frying, heat vegetable oil in a skillet or pot to around 350°F (175°C).
- To prevent crowding the saucepan, carefully add the breaded chicken pieces one at a time into the hot oil. The chicken should be cooked thoroughly and golden brown after ten to twelve mins of frying. Take the chicken out of the oil & place it on a dish covered with paper towels to drain.
- Make the sauce while the chicken is frying. Whisk the gochujang, rice vinegar, honey, soy sauce, minced garlic, grated ginger, & sesame oil together till thoroughly blended in a different bowl.
- Transfer the finished fried chicken to a bowl. When all of the chicken is completely covered, pour the sauce over it and stir.
- Sesame seeds and thinly sliced green onions can be used to garnish the Korean Fried Chicken.
- Serve the tasty and crispy Korean fried chicken right away as an appetizer, snack, or main dish.
Use a meat thermometer to check the chicken for an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) to make sure it is well cooked. You can get juicy, properly cooked chicken by doing this.
Be sure to blot the chicken dry with paper towels before coating it with the flour mixture. The chicken will have a crispier coating as a result of this step’s assistance in removing extra moisture.
While frying, keep the oil at a consistent 350°F (175°C) or higher. The chicken may brown too quickly on the exterior without fully cooking inside if the oil is too hot. The chicken may turn oily and mushy in the event that the oil is too cool.
Calories: 450 Kcal, Carbs: 30g, Protein: 30g, Fats: 20g
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What makes Korean fried chicken so crispy?
Due to the addition of potato starch to the batter and the chicken’s double frying, Korean fried chicken is incredibly crispy. The extra water in the chicken from the first frying is likewise cooked off during this second frying. Even with a coated exterior, this Korean fried chicken recipe is renowned for being exceptionally crispy for a long period.
Q: What makes Korean fried chicken unique?
Korean fried chicken recipe is special in that it stands out by being double-fried. In order to give the chicken its beloved crispy texture, it is first cooked at a low temperature before being fried at a higher temperature.