Discover the mouth watering flavors of our handmade Stromboli recipe. This traditional Italian meal is a wrapped pizza packed with a symphony of mouthwatering toppings. Serving it warm will allow the flavors to mingle together beautifully. Serve it with an additional serving of marinara sauce for dipping. Your taste buds will dance with delight as the contrast of the crunchy, chewy crust, savory contents, and melted cheese produces a symphony of flavor and texture.
Our Stromboli recipe is a hit and delivers a flavor of Italy right into your home, whether it’s eaten as a filling supper, a party appetizer, or a wonderful lunch choice.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 30 mins
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 16 slices pepperoni
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 12 slices Italian salami
- 1 tube thin crust pizza dough
- Turn the oven on to 400 degrees. On a sheet of parchment paper, roll out and spread the dough. Spread the pizza sauce evenly, leaving about two inches around the border. Finish with pepperoni, cheese and Italian salami.
- Roll the dough into a cinnamon roll shape, pinching the edges to seal then folding along the seam. Put the seam side of the stromboli down. Cut little slats into the top and brush with the egg. Add 1/4 cup of cheese, Italian seasoning, and fresh parsley to the top.
- Bake for fifteen to twenty mins, till the top is golden brown. Serve with hot pizza sauce.
Give the dough the full kneading it needs to get the desired flexibility. For your Stromboli, this will aid in producing a light & fluffy crust.
Aim for a harmony of flavors and textures when selecting your fillings. A delicious combo is creamy cheese, sautéed veggies, and salty cured meats.
To achieve an even distribution of the filling, roll out the dough into a rectangle shape. Give the filling plenty of room, but leave some room around the borders so the Stromboli may be sealed.
Calories: 364 Kcal, Carbs: 33g, Protein: 17g, Fats: 16g
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the sauce inside a stromboli?
The main distinction between stromboli recipe and calzone is the addition of a tomato marinara, flavoring it with oregano, inside the roll. The completed result can be served with more sauce for dipping.
Q: What is a stromboli sandwich made of?
A mouthwatering hot sandwich called an Italian stromboli is stuffed with pizza sauce, melting mozzarella, cured Italian meats, and spinach. A delectable sandwich is prepared by encasing all the ingredients in homemade pizza dough.