Enjoy the flavorful aromas and comforting textures of our tomato basil soup, a classic dish that will take you to a world of gourmet happiness. This soup reflects the ideal balance of freshness and rich flavor because it is made with the best ripe tomatoes and aromatic basil leaves.
Each mouthful of our homemade tomato basil soup wraps your taste receptors in a symphony of tart and slightly sweet tomato notes, enhanced by the fragrant scent of fresh basil. The basil gives a hint of herbal freshness that raises the entire flavor, and the tomatoes, which were carefully chosen at their peak maturity, give the soup a lively and robust taste.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 min
Total Time: 1 hour 45 min
Tomato Basil Soup Ingredients:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 2 ½ lb. halved roma tomatoes
- ⅓ cup chopped carrots
- Freshly ground black pepper & kosher salt, as per taste
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 chopped onion
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare a baking sheet using parchment paper. On the baking sheet, arrange the tomatoes cut-side up. Drizzle with two tbsp of the olive oil and sprinkle with pepper and salt. Roast about an hour, till the insides remain juicy and the edges are just beginning to shrivel.
- In a pot, warm the last two tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Cook the carrots, onion, garlic, & 1/2 tsp salt for about eight mins, till they’re tender. Cook for twenty mins after adding the vinegar, vegetable broth, tomatoes, & thyme leaves.
- Blend the soup in batches if needed after allowing it to cool somewhat. Till smooth, blend. Pulse until mixed after adding the basil.
- Serve the soup with crusty bread and top with basil leaves.
Choose fresh, ripe tomatoes for your tomato basil soup to improve its flavor and nutritional profile. The flavor plus overall experience of soup will be significantly influenced by the quality of the tomatoes.
While combining the ingredients, you can add a little cream or a dollop of Greek yogurt if you prefer a more creamy tomato basil soup. This will give the soup a rich, velvety texture.
Calories: 150 Kcal, Carbs: 15g, Protein: 5g, Fats: 8g
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the difference between tomato soup and tomato basil soup?
Similar to tomato soup, tomato basil soup is thicker and more flavorful. Both are extremely tasty and go well with grilled cheese.
Q: Is tomato soup with basil good for you?
A really healthy soup is tomato basil. It is not only low in fat and calories, but it is also very nutrient-dense. Lycopene, an antioxidant found in tomatoes, has been linked to a number of health advantages, including a lower risk of cancer and heart disease.