Tropical Smoothie recipe! The delicious flavors of mango, pineapple, banana, and coconut shine through in this bright yellow puree. It’s easy to make, and the flavor is precisely what you need on a gray day, or as a wonderful sun-drenched breakfast on your patio. We love smoothie recipes, and this one has quickly become one of our favorites. Here’s how to make this delicious tropical drink!
This tropical smoothie recipe combines sunny, tropical fruits into a delectably creamy purée. Unlike many of our favorite smoothie recipes, this one incorporates coconut milk into the liquid components to add a floral & fruity undertone. The ingredients of this recipe are easily available and within no time you can have this flavorful tropical smoothie. So what is the wait for? Let us dive into the world of tropical smoothies.
Prep Time: 05 min
Cook Time: 00 mins
Total Time: 05 mins
Tropical Smoothie Ingredients:
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 ripe banana
- ⅔ cup canned coconut milk
- 6 ice cubes
- 1 ½ cups frozen pineapples
- Coconut flakes to garnish
- 1 cup frozen mango
- In a blender, mix all of the ingredients, cutting the banana in pieces. Blend till smooth and foamy, stopping and scooping down the sides as needed then adding a splash extra coconut milk or juice as needed.
- Taste and modify flavours as desired (for a more coconut-forward flavour, blend in coconut flakes, or add a dab of honey for added sweetness). Serve immediately or refrigerate in a closed jar for two days, gently shaking if the smoothie separates.
- For this recipe, you can use either chilled or canned pineapple juice; either will work perfectly.
- I usually use canned coconut milk
- , which can be found in the ethnic foods section of most supermarkets. Refrigerated coconut milk will not have the same thick and creamy texture as canned coconut milk.
- This smoothie is best served immediately because it will separate if stored for an extended amount of time.
- If you’re serving a large group, feel free to double or quadruple the recipe.
Calories: 315 Kcal, Carbs: 49g, Protein: 2g, Fats: 12g
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What are the characteristics of smoothie?
Smoothies are dense, creamy drinks made with puréed fruits and vegetables, juices, yogurt, nuts, seeds, plus/or dairy or nondairy milk. The simplest basic smoothie contains only two ingredients: a base and a drink. You can then mix and match ingredients to your desire.
Q: What is in a tropical smoothie?
In a blender, combine the pineapple juice, banana, coconut milk, frozen mango chunks, and frozen pineapple chunks. Blend until the drink is smooth and creamy. Serve in glasses with decorations such as pineapple, lime wedges, mint, and maraschino cherries.